qwt52

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Jun 10 11:13:52 PDT 2013

Hi Dan - Try the following:
{{{
sudo port -f uninstall qwt
sudo port clean qwt52
sudo port install qwt52
}}}
and see if that works. If it does not, it should print out which ports
are disliking what you're trying to do. You can get a list of
already-installed ports that depend on qwt via "port dependents qwt".

Which port is it that's causing the issue?

qwt (5.1.2) and qwt52 (5.2.3) are widely cross-compatible with each
other; by now, most users have updated their projects to use (at least)
qwt52; I'm probably going to drop support for qwt(5.1) in the next set
of updates; maybe move that to a qwt51 port.  qwt60 has -some- API
changes, but is partially backwards compatible with the qwt5 series.
qwt-devel (6.1.0-rc3 right now; soon to be qwt61) introduces yet even
more API changes, but again is partially backwards compatible with prior
releases.

So, you're probably safe using qwt52, but probably not with qwt6+.
Worst case is that some of the ports stop functioning, and you have to