Macports, Mavericks, LaTeX/XeTeX, PDF files, and "Trace/BPT trap: 5"

Dimitris Diochnos diochnos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 02:03:57 PST 2013

Hi All,

I would like to report that today I experience no problems. I made the
following two steps:

- Installed xorg-server because I was not sure if the +quartz variant
on poppler had something to do with it and moreover I had not updated
XQuartz on my system (see e.g.
https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2013-November/033821.html),
so I decided to go with the version that comes with MacPorts.

- Selfupdate and upgraded the outdated.

Thank you all,
Hope this can be of help to others.

Best regards,