Can MacPorts be used without full Xcode without any issues?

Amarendra Kumar er.amar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:33:05 PDT 2014

Yes, I have CMD Line Tools installed but any port I tried to install I got
an error and none of them worked. I didn't face this issue with Homebrew
though so I thought I'll ask here as I might be doing sth wrong.

Also, can I use MacPorts even if Homebrew is installed? Homebrew throws
error and advises and advises me to remove MacPorts.

--
amar