Leaves but considering Build Dependencies?

Jean-François Caron jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 24 13:20:12 PDT 2014

Hi, I’m wondering if MacPorts has an equivalent to “port echo leaves” but which only returns ports which are not runtime OR build dependencies of any requested ports.  This would be useful so that a user wouldn’t need to manually set things like autoconf and cmake as “requested” in order to avoid accidentally removing these often-needed ports for upgrades.  As a user who upgrades regularly, I would consider build dependencies to be as important as runtime ones.

Jean-François