The crazy thing I did to fix Yosemite performance

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Nov 3 12:12:18 PST 2014

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Michael Crawford wrote:

> There's lots of good stuff for developers.

[...]

Thanks; that's pretty much what I'm after.

I'm a frothing Unix geek (for about 40 years) who was attracted to the Mac
precisely because it ran FreeBSD (sort of), but I never ceased to be
amazed at how they've basically broken things that worked just fine, such
as /etc/fstab, /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/crontab, etc.  They all seem to be
merged into one monolithic program that I find difficult to trust, yet
alone understand.

I'm very much a command-line freak, not a Gooey-freak.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)