hypermail port problem - SOLVED!!!

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 13:09:48 PST 2015

Porters... I report SUCCESS (with a lot of help from y'all)

As soon as I moved the new hypermail binary to the src directory of the
hypermail tree and executed as I used to do on the Linux system, it
worked -- no problems at all.  I brought the entire hypermail tree over
to the mac from the linux machine, with all the config and mail files,
and it played beautifully.  It was Brian's comments about hypermail not
having anything to chew on which triggered the idea of putting it back
in the src directory of the hypermail tree.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to be patient with a 77 year
old fool, who is trying to learn a few new tricks. I did learn to use
MacPorts which was an adventure in itself.

The ticket on this can be removed with my apologies. MacPorts works best
when you know what your doing <g>.
Thanks again,
jerome