hypermail port problem

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:14:31 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM, jerome schatten <romers at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I think it's somewhat different than 'waiting for a mailbox file'. I'm
> very new to MacPorts, and had a bit of trouble figuring out what I was
> doing. But it's starting to sink in.

Having dug up some docs, it does look like to work as a filter it needs the
-i parameter so that's not it.

It occurs to me now that the binary that was generated needs to be returned
> to its original environment surrounded by all the support files that it
> needs to run.  I did not do that; I just executed the binary, period, and
> so it sat -- what else could it do?

I would expect an error message in that case, not sitting there looking
dumb.

> Are you the same Brandon Allerby that did the original early work on Jnos?

Mmm, I'd call that a slight misstatement (now, if you mean the Linux port
thereof...), but yes. Been a few years though. >.>