Effect of Wireshark 2.0 using QT libraries instead of GTK

Kok-Yong Tan ktan at realityartisans.com
Sat Jun 27 14:02:42 PDT 2015

With the impending release of Wireshark 2.0 where one of the critical elements is that it will be switching over to the QT libraries from the GTK libraries, what is impact/effect on the MacPorts version of it?  I'm not a graphics engine/windowing systems expert so my question is:  Will the XQuartz/X11 windowing system still be needed?  It seems upon cursory investigation to run natively using Apple's Aqua windowing system.  If so, since it runs natively in Aqua, will there be a MacPorts version of it?

Tan