Xcode 7.0?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 18 02:54:37 PDT 2015

On Sep 18, 2015, at 2:53 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Looks like my MacBook (10.10.5) just helped itself to Xcode 7.  Should I
> be worried about any, err, issues?  I recall a note about that...

Because Xcode 7 only contains the OS X 10.11 SDK, you may have problems building some ports on OS X 10.10 that expect there to be a corresponding OS X 10.10 SDK. These could be viewed as bugs in those ports, but I'm worried there may be many of them. I'm worried, for instance, about all ports that build using cmake.