kerberos5 update error

Terry Barnum terrydop at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:19:36 PDT 2016

Thank you for the responses.

> On May 4, 2016, at 12:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On May 2, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Terry Barnum wrote:

<snip>
> All this "skipping" tell us this was not a clean build attempt, and you should clean and try again.
>
> https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.html#project.tickets
I forgot to note in my original post that I did try a 'port clean kerberos5' but no change.

<snip>
> You're on a 32-bit Mac running Snow Leopard, which is an unusual configuration and may be the reason why you see a failure that others don't see.

It's a Macmini1,1 which I don't believe can run anything later.

> More likely, perhaps, is that I see you're using llvm-gcc-4.2, which is the default MacPorts compiler with Xcode 4 on Snow Leopard. Is that the version of Xcode you're using? On Snow Leopard, the recommended version of Xcode is 3.2.6.

Yes, Xcode 4.2 is installed. It was a long time ago but I probably looked at <https://developer.apple.com/downloads/?name=Xcode> and downloaded the last version for Snow Leopard which is listed there as 4.2.

To downgrade to 3.2.6 will it be as simple as dumping the /Developer directory, downloading Xcode 3.2.6 and trying kerberos5 again? Or will I need to uninstall all ports and start over?

> If using gcc-4.2 works where llvm-gcc-4.2 failed, we should update the port to blacklist llvm-gcc-4.2.

If I can downgrade easily I'll report back if gcc-4.2 works.

Thanks,
-Terry

Terry Barnum
digital OutPost