Imagick version?

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Tue May 24 05:22:44 PDT 2016

Joshua Root wrote:
> Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>> You'll just have to re-compile php55-imagick :
>>
>> This will take care of all of your php\d{2}-imagick versions
>>
>> port -q installed name:imagic \
>> | while read -a port
>>     do port -n upgrade --force ${port[0]}
>>   done
>>
>> but more explicitly for just php55-imagick :
>>
>> port -n upgrade --force php55-imagick
>
> That doesn't necessarily recompile the port, it reinstalls it (quite
> possibly from the same binary archive as before). If you really need to
> force a build from source, you have to use -s.
>
> But if there really is a problem that requires a rebuild, the maintainer
> should bump the revision so everyone gets the rebuilt version.

OK - I can see where the problem is then :
I'm always (implicitly) building from source, so this approach works for
me ; but for people installing from binaries, it doesn't work.

So it'll have to be :

port -n -s upgrade --force php55-imagick

As to a rev-bump
1) there's no revision number in the portfile
2) # $Id: Portfile 146488 2016-03-09 20:44:32Z ryandesign at macports.org $
3) in my experience, I always have to force rebuild php\d{2}-imagick
   whenever ImageMagick is updated

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa