Imagick version?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 24 09:13:41 PDT 2016

> On May 24, 2016, at 7:22 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen <macintosh at mathiesen.info> wrote:
>
> Joshua Root wrote:
>> Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>> You'll just have to re-compile php55-imagick :
>>>
>>> This will take care of all of your php\d{2}-imagick versions
>>>
>>> port -q installed name:imagic \
>>>    do port -n upgrade --force ${port[0]}
>>>  done
>>>
>>> but more explicitly for just php55-imagick :
>>>
>>> port -n upgrade --force php55-imagick
>>
>> That doesn't necessarily recompile the port, it reinstalls it (quite
>> possibly from the same binary archive as before). If you really need to
>> force a build from source, you have to use -s.
>>
>> But if there really is a problem that requires a rebuild, the maintainer
>> should bump the revision so everyone gets the rebuilt version.
>>

> OK - I can see where the problem is then :
> I'm always (implicitly) building from source, so this approach works for
> me ; but for people installing from binaries, it doesn't work.
>
> So it'll have to be :
>
> port -n -s upgrade --force php55-imagick
>
> As to a rev-bump
> 1) there's no revision number in the portfile

In the absence of a revision line, the revision is 0. In that case, one can add a "revision 1" line to bump the revision. I've done this:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/148985

And added a comment to remind myself to do this in the future:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/148987

> 2) # $Id: Portfile 146488 2016-03-09 20:44:32Z ryandesign at macports.org $
> 3) in my experience, I always have to force rebuild php\d{2}-imagick
>   whenever ImageMagick is updated

Out of curiosity, what problems did you encounter, other than the warning message, if you did not rebuild?