use of cpus in building

Michael David Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:20:46 PDT 2016

My tests find that its fastest to set the number of parallel builds to
1.5 to 2 times the number of cores.  I expect that's because some
tasks are CPU bound while other tasks are I/O bound.

In principle, you can get one of each kind going at the same time.
The I/O bound task doesn't use up much of the core's capacity.
Michael David Crawford, Baritone
mdcrawford at gmail.com

      One Must Not Trifle With Wizards For It Makes Us Soggy And Hard To Light.