[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby with UIKit

Shane Vitarana shanev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 22:31:53 PST 2008

Has anyone tried MacRuby with UIKit yet?

I started a new CocoaTouch application and changed the project
settings to include the Ruby link flag and header and lib paths,
closely matching a new MacRuby project.  Here is how my main.m file
looks like:

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
#import "ruby/ruby.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	return macruby_main("rb_main.rb", argc, argv);
}

Unfortunately, I get a symbol(s) not found error for macruby_main.  Is
importing ruby.h enough? Is there anything else that has to be done? I
know that macruby_main lives in objc.m, which should be getting
included with the MacRuby distribution.  The project is running in the
Debug - Aspen simulator.

Thanks,
Shane

--