[MacRuby-devel] [feature request] open url in browser

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 07:13:06 PST 2008

Hi,

I like the idea of HotCocoa, but it should not go too far, and this is
maybe taking it one step too far imo.
The problem is that at some point you _will_ have to use real Cocoa,
because HotCocoa can't wrap everything.
If you are frightened by the verbosity of this line of code, well than
working with edge cases in Cocoa will
give you nightmares. Maybe this is actually not an edge case, because
a lot of people might use this method.
But my point is that MacRuby & HotCocoa should not teach the users how
to _not_ use Cocoa, but simply provide
shortcuts for the majority of simpler cases.

Eloy