[MacRuby-devel] Hotcocoa design ethos [was Re: [feature request] open url in browser]

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Nov 9 23:00:01 PST 2008

On Nov 9, 2008, at 8:57 PM, Benjamin Stiglitz wrote:

> Rich, Laurent and I talked about this at length this weekend, and I
> think we can safely say that we’d to improve upon Cocoa and Mac OS X
> development in Ruby.
>
> One example we cooked up was this:
>
> play_sound do |t|
>  sin(440.0 * t * 2.0 * Math::PI)
> end

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd hoped HotCocoa would be
able to provide:  Something so easy that an entirely new segment of
programmers (or "artist cum programmers") will find their creativity
more easy to express (and that's kind of what "it's all about" in many
aspects of what we offer, I daresay).

- Jordan