[MacRuby-devel] Can't build trunk

Patrick Bennett patrick at thebennetts.com
Tue Nov 25 07:36:22 PST 2008

Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Patrick Bennett wrote:
>
>> I would be using the stable branch but it seems like everything
>> assumes the development branch is being used (ie hotconsole).
>> Speaking of hotconsole - I've never been able to get it to build.
>> With the latest MacRuby (rev 756) [which now builds] I get the
>> following when running macrake with the latest hotconsole code:
>> PMBMacOSX:hotconsole patrickb$ macrake
>> (in /Users/patrickb/dev/hotconsole)
>> macruby(74947,0x103785000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr =
>> 0x800029fc0, has non-zero refcount = 1
>> /Users/patrickb/dev/hotconsole/HotConsole.app/Contents/Resources/lib/application.rb:43:in
>> `<class:Terminal>': undefined method `method_signature' for
>> Terminal:Class (NoMethodError)
>>     from
>> /Users/patrickb/dev/hotconsole/HotConsole.app/Contents/Resources/lib/application.rb:13:in
>> `<top (required)>'
>>     from
>> /Users/patrickb/dev/hotconsole/HotConsole.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:2:in
>> `load'
>>     from
>> /Users/patrickb/dev/hotconsole/HotConsole.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:2:in
>> `<main>'
>
> It looks like you're not using the latest version of MacRuby, which
> introduced #method_signature (quite a few builds ago).
Well, then you haven't updated the svn repository or rake install isn't
complete.  ;)  I checked out a brand new copy as a part of this email
thread last night and I run 'svn up' every day in my trunk directory.

> $ macirb
> >> class Foo
> >>   def foo; end
> >>   method_signature :foo, 'v@:'
> >> end
> => nil
> >> Foo.new.foo
> => nil
Can't test that right now - my laptop is at home.

> Check with macruby -v if it reports 0.4 at least.
Yes.

> Also, it looks like you're not using the latest HotConsole sources.
That's very possible - I'm still quite green with 'git'.  I'll check
when I get back home.
Thanks...

Patrick