[MacRuby-devel] testing MacRuby with RubySpec?

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue Oct 14 14:06:31 PDT 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Rich Morin wrote:

> At 22:29 -0700 10/13/08, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>> If you have any news about this or willing to help the RubySpec
>> guys by working on the 1.9 suite, please let me know. I would
>> be glad to ship a 1.9 suite as part of MacRuby.
>
> I'd like to see more Ruby implementations on the RubySpecResults
> page.  Putting MacRuby up there would probably help to publicize
> MacRuby (for small values of "publicize") and move the RubySpec
> effort on 1.9 forward a bit.
>
>  http://rubyspecresults.org/
>  http://rubyspecresults.org/about
>
> Would you be willing to set up (say) PPC and i386 servers to do
> test runs whenever either MacRuby or the test suite changes?  We
> could start with the existing 1.9 suite and see what needs to be
> added/changed for MR.

I see that there is a 1.9 suite now, it might be interesting to run
MacRuby against it. I'm not sure if it's complete, though.

http://github.com/rubyspec/rubyspec/tree/master/1.9

I would indeed be willing to set up some local machines here and
submit the rubyspec results to the rubyspecresults web app. It won't
be possible to make the machines accessible from the outside, but it
looks like it's not a requirement.

Also, MacRuby's PPC support is very preliminary and I think it will be
deprecated soon, principally because of lack of interest and resources
to maintain it. I am currently focusing on both 32-bit and 64-bit Intel.