[MacRuby-devel] connecting to subversion API from MacRuby

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:41:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to write a MacRuby application that would use the Ruby
bindings for Subversion (from here:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/). Do
you think this is possible at all at this point in MacRuby
development? If it is, could you give me some hints how could I
install those bindings in MacRuby? Can I just tell it to use the files
that I installed from macports for ruby 1.8? If yes, then how? Or
should I recompile the bindings separately?

>From what I can see, the files that were installed from macports are
mostly in /opt/local/lib (libsvn*.a, libsvn*.la, libsvn*.dylib),
/opt/local/lib/ruby/site-ruby/1.8 (*.rb),
/opt/local/lib/ruby/site-ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9.5.0 (*.a, *.la,
*.bundle). I've found some of them also in /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8, I'm
not sure if they weren't there from the beginning...

Jakub Suder