[MacRuby-devel] connecting to subversion API from MacRuby

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:46:13 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Jakub Suder <jakub.suder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to write a MacRuby application that would use the Ruby
> bindings for Subversion (from here:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/). Do
> you think this is possible at all at this point in MacRuby
> development?

Ok, I think I can answer myself now...

I downloaded sources for macruby, swig and svn, compiled swig pointing
it to macruby interpreter, same with svn, but when I tried to compile
the svn bindings for ruby I started getting errors like "error:
dereferencing pointer to incomplete type". Apparently the bindings
code available in subversion repository is incompatible with ruby 1.9
(and therefore with macruby too), so it's impossible to use those
bindings with macruby at the moment, until someone writes a new
version of the bindings (and I'm not desperate enough to try updating
so low level code). I guess I'll have to try ObjC then...

Or, I could connect to svn from ObjC, and then connect to ObjC from MacRuby...

JS