[MacRuby-devel] PBI - macirb as a console, debugger, etc.

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Oct 22 12:01:41 PDT 2008

It should be possible to create a macirb session that (like
script/console, in Rails) loads up an app's code and then lets
the user interact with it, via the keyboard.  I find console
very handy for exploration, so I think this would be, too.

Going a bit further, what about setting up a macirb session that
lets the user interact dynamically with MR?  For example, start
up MR, play with the GUI, then go over to the macirb session to
look at the results, overload methods, etc.

It may be that Xcode already has this sort of functionality (if
so, please point me to it :).  I suspect, however, that Xcode
isn't really built to take advantage of dynamic languages.  So,
what mashups would be possible and interesting?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com