[MacRuby-devel] 0.3 available for testing

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Sep 7 12:52:44 PDT 2008

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for testing.

On Sep 7, 2008, at 12:15 PM, Joshua Ballanco wrote:

> Ditto, looking good, especially HotCocoa! There still seem to be a few
> issues with macgem. I tried removing GitHub from my sources
> (processing gem metadata from GitHub was causing issues), and that
> left my .gemrc corrupt (I've attached the corrupted version). It seems
> like the issue is with YAML processing. After getting that worked out,
> I was able to install the 'git' gem with no problem, but installing
> ActiveRecord failed. I get:
> ERROR:  Error installing activerecord:
> 	activerecord requires  ()

There are surely bugs in macruby/rubygems, I just managed to be able
to install / uninstall simple gems and also do some remote searching.
I was probably too much enthusiastic while writing my first message, I
will correct this :)

Please do not hesitate to file bugs.  Also, I noticed that rdoc is
broken.

> Which, btw, are there plans on merging MacGem with RubyGems 1.2? I
> noticed that macgem --version is still reporting 1.1.1

Yes, I will synchronize with the rubygems in 1.9 trunk.

Laurent