[MacRuby-devel] How to use Accessibility API?

Benjamin Mollenhauer benjaminmollenhauer at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:08:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

i tried unsuccessfuly to use functions like
"AXUIElementCopyAttributeValue" from the Accessibility API.

> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/‍
> Frameworks/HIServices.framework/

If I include "framework 'ApplicationServices' it seems, that I have no
access to these functions.
I read http://www.macruby.org/trac/wiki/MacRubyTutorial and stumbeld
upon Accessing Static APIs and some thing called gen_bridge_metadata.
My efforts with this tool resulted in some compiler errors.
Third option would be to make some Obj-C wrapper.

Which is the right way to go?