[MacRuby-devel] experimental branch: status update

Jordan Breeding jordan.breeding at mac.com
Mon Apr 6 06:28:03 PDT 2009

On Apr 06, 2009, at 08:09, Eloy Duran wrote:

> Ah, on that bike! (Which is a direct translation of a Dutch saying
> meaning basically just "Aha!" ;-) )
>
> Yes that sounds like an excellent idea, will do.
>
> Thanks,
> Eloy

After taking a quick look at the spec tasks and the way they run it
might be easier to:

1) test for 64-bit enabled machines, if you are on a 32-bit machine
build normally an run specs normally

2) ok you are on a 64-bit machine, during build make miniruby and
miniruby32 (which can be made with lipo from miniruby, something like
`lipo -extract i386 -output miniruby 32 miniruby`)

3) have spec now point to spec:ci and spec:ci32 on 64-bit machines

4) have the individual tasks like spec:partially_green also have a 32-
bit version of themselves

BTW, some of the tasks like spec:ci currently run mspec/bin/mspec
which has a run line of "#!/usr/bin/env ruby". To override this
shouldn't mspec/bin/mspec always get called as `./miniruby{,32} -I./
lib mspec/bin/mspec` for MacRuby testing? Just curious.

Jordan