[MacRuby-devel] Tutorials and Xcode

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Apr 8 09:42:19 PDT 2009

You are not the only person to have problems with XCode.  My
own (limited) experience with it leads me to believe that it
requires the user to memorize a bunch of magic locations and
actions, all visually based.  So, it doesn't work well for a
developer who likes to have everything laid out as text.

That said, XCode is a big part of the MacRuby ecosystem.  In
particular, if you want to modify or extend existing Cocoa
apps, some familiarity with XCode is essential.  However, it
is also possible to create HotCocoa and/or non-GUI apps with
no XCode involvement at all.

So, I think we need a variety of HowTos, covering different
ways to use MacRuby.  We also need some background articles,
covering the APIs, architecture, etc.

-r

P.S.  If any prospective authors need help with the editorial
      side (in English :-), let me know and I'll try to help.
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com