[MacRuby-devel] How to use Accessibility API?

Andrew Willis andrewwillis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:41:03 PDT 2009

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I tried something similar several
months ago. I wrote a small utility to move windows around multiple
screens. I found it was pretty straight forward to create an
objective-c class that did all of the interactions with the
Accessibility API and then subclass that with a Ruby class for all of
the other logic.

The project itself is up at
http://github.com/andrewwillis/windowmover/tree/master. The
objective-c class that interacts with the Accessibility API is
WWFrontWindow.[h|m] and the corresponding subclass is front_window.rb

I doubt the project itself is of much use to anyone but me, but I hope
the classes can help you get the interaction with the Accessibility
stuff you are looking for.

-Andrew