[MacRuby-devel] Information about the new YAML module

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 13:30:32 PDT 2009

Oh… Why did it annoy you?

My normal workflow is:

$ git svn rebase
$ git checkout -b topic

# work

$ git checkout master
$ git svn rebase
$ git checkout topic
$ git rebase master
$ git checkout master
# And since 10 seconds ago:
$ git merge --squash topic

# sanity check:
$ git svn rebase

# push
$ git svn dcommit

I wouldn't do the squashing actually, as I see no problem with many
commits. Actually I find it handier, as you can follow the development
better with narrative commit messages etc. The "real" problem IMO is
that the commit emails can be annoying and what we miss is a good
browser. For this purpose I use gitx locally, which is way faster
anyways, or github (to where I push my git svn checkout).

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
Eloy