[MacRuby-devel] Information about the new YAML module

Josh Ballanco joshua.ballanco at apple.com
Mon Aug 3 14:32:33 PDT 2009

Hey Matt,

Just to add another data point, I've been using git-svn to interface
with a svn repo where some of my git branches are matched to svn
branches and others are not. In general, my workflow is:

# Make a branch in svn:
$ svn cp svn+ssh://path/to/trunk svn+ssh://path/to/branch/yaml_branch

# Retrieve the new branch metadata:
$ git svn fetch

# Creates a new git branch that mirrors the svn branch:
$ git checkout -b git_yaml_branch yaml_branch

# work on it

# Try a little experiment:
$ git checkout -b experimental_yaml_branch

# work some more

# Bring it all together again:
$ git checkout git_yaml_branch
$ git merge --squash experimental_yaml_branch
$ git diff (* just to inspect the changes *)
$ git commit -a
$ git svn rebase (* don't worry if there was a change before your
commit, git will replay yours on top of it *)
$ git svn dcommit

Also, one more tip on OS X:
$ git config --global merge.tool opendiff

Then, if there's ever a conflict during a merge or rebase, using "git
mergetool" let's you resolve conflicts in FileMerge.app's nice GUI.

Hope that helps!

- Josh