[MacRuby-devel] forwardingTargetForSelector vs. MacRuby 0.4

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Fri Aug 21 11:43:43 PDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 9:10 AM, Clay Bridges wrote:

>> (Sorry for the late reply.)
>
> Ditto.
>
>> Did you try using the "old" methodSignatureForSelector: and
>> -forwardInvocation: technique?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but no. I'm using MacRuby to test my ObjC
> classes, and the design decisions on the ObjC side are made othogonal
> to MacRuby considerations. Put another way, for me, the workarounds
> should be on the MacRuby side.

I understand that the problem is in the MacRuby side, but you will
have to wait until it's fixed (or help us fixing it). Using the "old"
technique might work in the interim.

> I actually found some interesting stuff while trying to create a
> workaround, but I'll post that in another thread. Two follow-up
> questions:
>
> * Do I need to file a bug, etc.? Let me know what I can do to help.

Filing a bug would be great. It would also be great if you could
prepare a MacRuby spec that describes this behavior. It could be in
spec/macruby/language/method_spec.rb.

> * The probably-too-frequent question: Any idea if this will be fixed
> in 0.5?

We will try!