[MacRuby-devel] Start Small...Get Big

Tedd Fox teddfox1 at me.com
Sun Feb 8 16:43:37 PST 2009

OK, I am a newb programmer....that said

I decided to start small and grow from there.

Being a Mac guy with a couple of servers...

I like the fact that MacRuby uses Ruby ...DUH?!?!?

I would like to create a small program that I can do mundane tasks for
my server with a minimal interface.

First I would like to create a program that runs software
update..before you say it...I know I know I know

I can do it with shell or Apple script or Automator, but this is a
learning experience.

My question is:

Is there a library of Core Funtions that I can call a part of it to do
this?  I do not want to know how to do it, but where to look for the
function.  I cannot seem to find it anywhere, but being a newb, I bet
there is a doc somewhere and I just do not know what to call.

Any Ideas?

Tedd