[MacRuby-devel] question about goals for ruby module compatibility with macruby

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Jul 30 12:30:31 PDT 2009

Hi Tim,

As Matt mentioned on a separate mail, rubygems should be fully
supported (modulo C extensions) in the upcoming release, which should
be out before the end of the year if everything goes well.

I can't pronounce for Rails at this point, but we are approaching it
bit by bit, and we might look at it sooner than planned, since our
major objective (Cocoa support) is mostly complete. Surely MacRuby
will be in a better shape next year :-)

Laurent