[MacRuby-devel] problem with trac login page

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Jul 30 20:54:41 PDT 2009

I was looking at http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/296,
wondering when the patch would actually show up on the
web site, when I decided to log in and file another bug.

When I clicked the Login link, I got this nastygram from
Firefox (3.5.1):

  The page isn't redirecting properly

  Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting
  the request for this address in a way that will never
  complete.

  *  This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or
     refusing to accept cookies.

For the record, I do not have cookies disabled, etc.  I
then went to http://www.macruby.org/trac and tried again,
getting the same result.

I also tried with Safari (4.0.1), getting:

  Safari can't open the page.

  Too many redirects occurred trying to open
  "http://www.macruby.org/auth/login/".  This might occur
  if you open a page that is redirected to open another
  page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Although this IS an effective way to keep the bug counts
down, it may not be the best overall strategy...  Could
someone please take a look at this?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com