[MacRuby-devel] Setting Breakpoints/Debugger

Paul Howson paul-lists at tdgq.com.au
Wed Jun 17 19:42:42 PDT 2009

On 04/06/2009, at 6:57 AM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> I have an idea about adding facilities inside the new VM in order to
> attach a debugger to it (and we could even patch gdb to add Ruby
> support!) but I won't be able to start this any time soon, because
> there are too many higher priority things to implement first. But if
> one wants to help... patches are always welcome.
>
> Laurent

Hmmm. Lack of debugger support is surely a serious limitation. A deal-
stopper for any complex real-world app I would have thought.

I guess you're aware that this will eventually be needed.

Is anyone using MacRuby for a large project? How are they coping
without a debugger? (I'd like to know since I'm planning to convert an
old non-Objective-C app to MacRuby).

Paul Howson
Queensland Australia