[MacRuby-devel] Setting Breakpoints/Debugger

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:09:03 PDT 2009

I had a little play with IRB. With some “easy” workarounds, plain Ruby
at least, I was able to get IRB in the right context. However, on
MacRuby (at least on 0.5), this doesn't work completely, as the
binding of a proc returns the wrong context:

% ruby -e "class Foo; def initialize; p eval('self', (proc
{}).binding); end; end; Foo.new"
#<Foo:0x29324>

% ruby19 -e "class Foo; def initialize; p eval('self', (proc
{}).binding); end; end; Foo.new"
#<Foo:0x3e7178>

% ./miniruby -e "class Foo; def initialize; p eval('self', (proc
{}).binding); end; end; Foo.new"
#<Proc:0x80004dfa0>

Anyways, the ccode is at: http://gist.github.com/131803
I haven't had any experience with IRB before, so I'm probably doing
some things wrong, but this was just some napkin code. Maybe Vincent
knows better how to get the right context setup and make exit/quit
work as continue.

Cheers,
Eloy