[MacRuby-devel] Crash with NSUInteger in delegate method

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun May 24 10:19:36 PDT 2009

Hi Łukasz,

On May 24, 2009, at 3:39 AM, Łukasz Adamczak wrote:

>> MacRuby can deal with specialized delegate methods like this one,
>> but you
>> need to generate a bridgesupport file for the framework you're
>> targeting.
>> Most frameworks that ship with Mac OS X are already covered, but in
>> your
>> case you might want to manually cover ObjectiveFlickr too.
>
> Wow. This is way better than I expected.
>
> I didn't know bridgesupport was so well integrated with OS X.
> After a few hours of hacking, ObjectiveFlickr now has BridgeSupport
> and is MacRuby compliant :)
> http://github.com/lukhnos/objectiveflickr
>
> However, gen_bridge_metadata didn't work out-of-the box. I had to hack
> it a little to get a good dump. Some of the headers were parsed
> incorrectly. I guess I'll try to contact someone @
> http://bridgesupport.macosforge.org about that.
>
> Thanks again for the help!

Excellent!

Regarding the BridgeSupport hack, I'm in fact the author & maintainer
of this project too. So feel free to send me your patch and I will
integrate it in the next possible Mac OS X version.

To be honest I do not like the way gen_bridge_metadata is implemented
and I plan to re-write it using clang in the future.