[MacRuby-devel] WWDC

Martin Hess martinhess at me.com
Sat May 30 11:30:48 PDT 2009

Is there going to be any kind of MacRuby developer get together at
WWDC? It would be a chance for MacRuby developers/contributors/
volunteers/users to meet and trade information on moving MacRuby
forward.

Some subjects I would love to hear about:

1) Update on .5 and SL
2) Bridge support innards, and future plans
3) Details on how MacRuby uses LLVM

Some questions for MacRuby's future:

4) How far can MacRuby and LLVM go:
	- Can we do on the fly type inference and compile objects into
registers i.e. if you pass a float into a routine, can we JIT compile
a float version of the routine where the floats are 'unboxed' and kept
in registers for the scope of the routine/block
	- Can we cache different JIT compiled versions of the same routine
where the caller dispatches transparently to the correct version of
the routine depending on args
	- Since clang is just a library, can we call it from MacRuby for a
better inline C/C++/ObjC

5) LLVM is cross platform -- what would it take to get MacRuby
(RubyLLVM?) on Linux/*BSD

6) Whats the plan for fibers