[MacRuby-devel] rSpec for MacRuby

Conrad Taylor conradwt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:37:03 PST 2009

Hi Eloy, I have spent a bit of time with it.  Here's what I did to get
things going:

1)  sudo gem install rvm

2)  add the following to your .profile after the last 'export PATH='
setting:

      if [ -s ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm ] ; then source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm ; fi

      Note:  I didn't like running the 'rvm-install' because it created
several different shell files:

                  ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc, ~/.zshrc

                  where each file contained similar content.

3)  rvm list --all

     Note:  The above gets a listing of all the available interpreters.
 Also, I remember seeing macruby in the list and I'll query
                 the rvm list to see if this can be reinstated.

4)  install some interpreters

     rvm install 1.9.1 1.9.2

     Note:  The above install ruby 1.9.1 and 1.9.2

5)  set the default ruby interpreter

rvm 1.9.2 --default
 or

Rubygems is great but the RVM team was able to get something working in a
short amount of time. Also, the gemcutter is a very good example of
extending the gem command. For example, after installing the gemcutter gem,
it inherits the 'tumble' option. Thus,one can do the following:

gem tumble

-Conrad