[MacRuby-devel] rSpec for MacRuby

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:46:03 PST 2009

Hey Conrad,

> Hi Eloy, I have spent a bit of time with it.  Here's what I did to
> get things going:
>
> 1)  sudo gem install rvm
>
> 2)  add the following to your .profile after the last 'export PATH='
> setting:
>
>       if [ -s ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm ] ; then source ~/.rvm/scripts/
> rvm ; fi
>
>       Note:  I didn't like running the 'rvm-install' because it
> created several different shell files:
>
>                   ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc, ~/.zshrc
>
>                   where each file contained similar content.

Yeah this is I think where it went wrong for me. Thanks! I'll give
that a try tonight.

> Rubygems is great but the RVM team was able to get something working
> in a short amount of time.

Yeah, but the point is that this is a problem of RubyGems, nobody
else's even though others provide workarounds. Ruby allows one to
specify the prefix/suffix, so RubyGems should inherit this
transparently imo. But I think that in the end we agree on how the
user should experience this, ie transparent :)

Eloy