[MacRuby-devel] trunk status update

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:18:43 PDT 2009

Whoa, thanks for the help with the Gears enabler. It didn't relate to
the problem. It was, as is most often the case, user error on my part.
Reduced:

class ControllerBase < NSObject
end

class TitleController < ControllerBase
   @ControllerBase.setTextColor(NSColor::redColor) # <= yeah, right.
Try to invoke a nonexistent, presumably on nil.
end

This tries to invoke a method, presumably on nil, and produces a
SIGABRT with no backtrace. I'm not sure why a SIGABRT, but incorrect
program behavior is the expected result of bonehead programmer error
on my part.

Again, thanks (sheepish grin) for bearing with me in getting this
errant search/replace goop out of my code. Gee, what a noob error.

Steve