[MacRuby-devel] trunk status update

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue Oct 6 11:47:27 PDT 2009

Hi Ross,

The SIGABRT is definitely not intended, there is surely a bug there,
probably 32-bit only :)

I tried to reproduce it here without success

$ arch -i386 macruby -e "@foo.bar"
-e:in `<main>': undefined method `bar' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

It would be awesome if you could extract the crash to a separate
project and attach it to a Trac ticket.

Laurent

On Oct 6, 2009, at 8:18 AM, s.ross wrote:

> Whoa, thanks for the help with the Gears enabler. It didn't relate
> to the problem. It was, as is most often the case, user error on my
> part. Reduced:
>
> class ControllerBase < NSObject
> end
>
> class TitleController < ControllerBase
>  @ControllerBase.setTextColor(NSColor::redColor) # <= yeah, right.
> Try to invoke a nonexistent, presumably on nil.
> end
>
> This tries to invoke a method, presumably on nil, and produces a
> SIGABRT with no backtrace. I'm not sure why a SIGABRT, but incorrect
> program behavior is the expected result of bonehead programmer error
> on my part.
>
> Again, thanks (sheepish grin) for bearing with me in getting this
> errant search/replace goop out of my code. Gee, what a noob error.
>
> Steve
>

> On Oct 5, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Vincent Isambart wrote:
>
>>> [Switching to process 1982]
>>> Running…
>>> 2009-10-05 22:29:51.141 IStockCocoa[1982:80f] Error loading
>>> /Library/InputManagers/GearsEnabler.old/GearsEnabler.bundle/
>>> Contents/MacOS/GearsEnabler:
>>> dlopen(/Library/InputManagers/GearsEnabler.old/GearsEnabler.bundle/