[MacRuby-devel] Interesting spec failures

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Oct 12 12:22:51 PDT 2009

Hi Gp,

Yes there are several environmental issues when running RubySpec. For
example I noticed that it will fail if you have a /tmp/xxx directory
or if your $HOME is actually a symlink.

On Claudio's server I noticed a few more problems (you can see the
failures from the nightly build website, under Tests).

One of my biggest issues with RubySpec is that it executes everything
within the same process, so one spec could potentially damage the
environment (because of a bug) so that another one might not pass (but
executing a spec separately would work).

Laurent