[MacRuby-devel] Interesting spec failures

Giampiero De Ciantis gdeciantis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:39:23 PDT 2009

I have been trying to run the specs and have found some weird issues
with some of the behaviour

spec/frozen/core/kernel/spawn_spec.rb - in the "Kernel uses the
current working directory as its working directory" it fails the test,
but if you change the command line to use MacRuby instead of Ruby, it
passes.

spec/frozen/library/socket/ipsocket/getaddress_spec.rb - in the
"Socket::IPSocket#getaddress raises an error on unknown hostnames."
The spec fails, but if run the same test on macirb it raises the
appropriate socket error on an unknown host name.

Anyone know of environmental issues that might be causing this? I do
'rake clean' often and still get these errors.

I am also getting an error "cat: stdin: Bad file descriptor" on the /
spec/frozen/core/io/close_read_spec.rb spec, but it still passes.

Cheers,

-Gp