[MacRuby-devel] Using Gems in MacRuby

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Oct 15 13:43:29 PDT 2009

Hi Craig,

On Oct 14, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Craig Williams wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have searched the web but have not found a good explanation on how
> to use
> gems in a MacRuby project. Is there a tutorial I am missing?

We should definitely write a tutorial about that. The RubyGems support
is pretty new so I don't think anybody tried yet to embed gems in a
MacRuby app. At a glance I believe it would be a matter of installing
the gem inside MacRuby.framework, embed it in the app then change the
GEM_HOME environment variable.