[MacRuby-devel] macruby nightly build 2009-09-10

Conrad Taylor conradwt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:13:11 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Matt Aimonetti <mattaimonetti at gmail.com>wrote:

> Latest trunk code available as an unofficial pkg ready to install:
> http://rubyurl.com/5K3W
>
> Lots of bug fixes, improved macgem (not finished yet but you can install
> gems and load them using `gem 'gem_name'; require 'whatever'`).
> Things are looking pretty good on trunk :)

Hi, should one use 'macgem' instead of 'gem'?  In any case, I wanted to give
it a try by installing sinatra:

sudo macgem install sinatra

and I received the following error message:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
    wrong number of arguments (1 for 2)

In a clean installation, the following directory doesn't exist but
attempting to install something creates the directory and the installation
of the gem fails:

/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.5/usr/lib/ruby/Gems/1.9.0

Now, when I tried to install the gem again, everything worked as expected.
 For example,

$ sudo macgem install sinatra
Password:
Successfully installed rack-1.0.0