[MacRuby-devel] are framework extern variables visible in Mac Ruby? (was: Re: how to access OpenDirectory C constants from MacRuby?)

russell muetzelfeldt russm-macruby-devel at slofith.org
Wed Apr 7 18:32:39 PDT 2010

On 07/04/2010, at 5:56 PM, russell muetzelfeldt wrote:
> /*!
>    @const              kODRecordTypeUsers
>    @abstract   Identifies user records.
>    @discussion Identifies user records.
> */
> CF_EXPORT
> const ODRecordType kODRecordTypeUsers;
>

> which I assume is a CF_EXPORT macro doing some preprocessor magic to fill in a value for kODRecordTypeUsers... does anyone know how to work out the actual value of this constant (and others defined in the same way)?

turns out these items aren't actually constants but are rather static variables defined in the framework dylib objects - for example, kODAttributeTypeUniqueID is actually an NSString pointer referencing a static @"dsAttrTypeStandard:UniqueID" in CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory

is there any way in MacRuby to access these variables defined in a loaded framework?

cheers

Russell