[MacRuby-devel] how to access OpenDirectory C constants from MacRuby?

russell muetzelfeldt russm-macruby-devel at slofith.org
Wed Apr 7 00:56:25 PDT 2010

On 07/04/2010, at 4:48 PM, russell muetzelfeldt wrote:

> Is there some way of getting access to these constants, or do I need to find and use their literal values instead?

On further investigation it looks like just defining the constants in ruby myself will do. Some of them exist in CFOpenDirectoryConstants.h as enum items which I can easily enough pull across, but others are defined like this -

/*!
    @const              kODRecordTypeUsers
    @abstract   Identifies user records.
    @discussion Identifies user records.
*/
CF_EXPORT
const ODRecordType kODRecordTypeUsers;

which I assume is a CF_EXPORT macro doing some preprocessor magic to fill in a value for kODRecordTypeUsers... does anyone know how to work out the actual value of this constant (and others defined in the same way)?

cheers

Russell