[MacRuby-devel] Please implement fork() ;-)

robert gleeson rob at flowof.info
Thu Apr 15 19:46:20 PDT 2010

Hello,

I know it has been discussed before and I haven't really gotten a final word back on it yet. With the removal of the GIL, and Grand Central Dispatch fork() isn't really needed to achieve concurrency _but_ I have a particular use case that requires fork() and I'd love to implement my use-case in a MacRuby cocoa application.

I know fork() and CoreFoundation(iirc) can cause problems but if there is a work-around or solution I would _love_ to see it implemented.

Thanks,
Rob