[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby doesn't find kCGDesktopIconWindowLevel

Michel Steuwer michel.steuwer at onlinehome.de
Sat Apr 24 03:01:22 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

i'm new to MacRuby and currently trying my first Project.

I try to draw a NSPanel at the desktop window level.
Therefore, i would use the [window setLevel:kCGDesktopIconWindowLevel] method in Objective-C.
In MacRuby the call window.setLevel(kCGDesktopIconWindowLevel) doesn't work and produces the following log message:

undefined local variable or method `kCGDesktopIconWindowLevel' for #<PanelController:0x2002f1ac0>

Currently i have solved the Problem by using this work-around:
window.setLevel(CGWindowLevelForKey(2))

Why can't i use the call with the pre defined constant as i would in Objective-C ?

Thanks,
Michel

Michel Steuwer     |     michel.steuwer at onlinehome.de