[MacRuby-devel] Looking for feedback on a draft blog post: Optimising Table Views With MacRuby

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Sun Jan 10 14:53:14 PST 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, at 4:00 PM, isaac kearse wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> http://isaac.kearse.co.nz/draft/
>
> Looking for any and all feedback: technical, writing, whatever...

Good write-up. A couple of syntax errors.

In the TWITTER PROFILE PICTURES paragraph:
"The I construct a NSURL"

Should be "Then"

Asynchronous NSURLConnections:
The approach I’ll use here is to the load the system-provided

Drop the extra "the" in front of load.

In your final code listing, the constructor has "bigger = href" but neither variable is ever used in that method.

I don't think I would title the post as you have. You are optimizing a little bit by moving to an asynchronous picture load, but that isn't necessarily a common event for table views. Maybe call it "Asynchronous Table View Loading With MacRuby." That pretty much gets to the heart of it.

cr