[MacRuby-devel] Getting involved in MacRuby development

Thibault Martin-Lagardette thibault.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:17:18 PST 2010

Hi Maxime!

Help is of course always welcome.

MacRuby is a huge project, and there is a lot to do & fix. There are LLVM related stuff, but there is also a lot of pure C-Ruby & C++ involved, as well as some Objective-C runtime here and there (in C) :-).
As for how to get started, I would say you first need to read HACKING.rdoc as well as README.rdoc.

If you really want to work on 0.5 related code, you can peek into the TODO file, there is a list of what we really want for the 0.5 final release.

We also have our list of open bugs : http://www.macruby.org/trac/report/1

Of course, not everything is easy. I can't really say for sure which one you should get stared on, but maybe somebody out there on the ML could tell you :-).

Good luck!

--
Thibault Martin-Lagardette